Last modified on May 14, 2019
Who are we?
Payhawk OOD together with its subsidiary Payhawk Limited operating under the brand Payhawk is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and respecting your privacy. If you have any questions about your
personal information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Consent when using Payhawk
- Information when registering a company or user account – When you register for a company or user account you will provide details such as your name, ID, selfie and address or company details. We’ll only use this information in strict accordance with the law.
- Data submitted through the mobile app – Things you give us explicit permission to see, like your photos, geolocation and data from your camera.
- Details about your transactions with us – Including any cards and accounts you use along with attached receipts, invoices and information describing your transactions.
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website, mobile app or use an online platform. Cookies are widely used by online service providers to facilitate and help to make the interaction between users and websites, mobile apps and online platforms faster and easier, as well as to provide reporting information. The length of time stored depends on the cookie, but this is generally between a few minutes and up to two years. Our Cookies never store any of your card or transaction details. We use session cookies to improve our site and give you a better experience. Session cookies let us see where you spend your time, and work out which bits are most (and least) effective. Persistent cookies let us remember youon future visits, improving your experience of services or functions offered.
How we use your information
To provide our services. We use it to:
- Help us provide you with the best way to manage your account.
- Track, analyze and improve the services we give you and other customers.
Who we share it with
We may share your personal information with:
- Anyone who works for us when they need it to do their job.
- Any organization which supports any of our services you use, when they need it to offer those services. That includes Card issuers and networks, and Know Your Customer (KYC) service providers.
- Companies that do advertising for us (but we won’t share identifiable personal data with third parties for their own direct marketing unless you give us permission, and you can opt out any time).
- Certain authorities that detect and prevent terrorism.
- Anyone who you give us explicit permission to share it with.
- We’ll also share it to comply with the law; to enforce our Terms and Use and Card Terms or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.
How long we keep it
We keep your data as long as you’re using Payhawk, and up to 10 years after that to comply with the law. In some circumstances, like cases of anti-money laundering or fraud, we may keep data longer if we need to and/or the law says we have to.
You have a right to:
- Access the personal data we hold about you, or to get a copy of it.
- Make us correct inaccurate data.
- Ask us to delete, ‚block‘ or suppress your data, though for legal reasons we might not always be able to do it.
- Object to us using your data for direct marketing and in certain circumstances ‚legitimate interests‘, research and statistical reasons.
- Withdraw any consent you’ve previously given us. To do so, please contact us through the app or by emailing email@example.com.
Where we store your data
We might transfer and store the data we collect from you somewhere outside the European Economic Area (‚EEA‘). People who work for us or our suppliers outside the EEA might also process your data. We may share data with organizations and countries that:
- The European Commission says have adequate data protection.
- We’ve agreed standard data protection clauses with.
How to make a complaint
If you have a complaint, please contact us through the app or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to fix the problem.
Changes to this policy
We’ll post any changes we make to our privacy notice on this page and, if they’re significant changes we’ll let you know by email.