This guide tells you how you can use the enclosed card to access an account we have with Payrnet (the “Issuer”) and how and when you need to contact the Issuer in connection with your use of our account. We will set out separately why we are giving you the card.
HOW YOU CAN USE THE CARD
- You can use the card up to the unspent amount we have reserved for you on our account (“reserved balance”).
- You can check the unspent amount of your reserved balance and the transactions you have made using the card, as well as other relevant information relating to the card, online using the Payhawk mobile app available for iOS and Android on the respective app stores.
- Please note that we are not responsible for anything a retailer does or does not do when you use the card or for the goods or services you pay for using the card.
RETAILER REFUNDS AND CHARGING ERRORS
- If a retailer refunds a purchase made with the card there fund will be added to your reserved balance.
- If an amount is taken from your reserved balance in error it will be refunded to your reserved balance.
- If you do not know the exact price for goods or services when you make a payment but the amount you are charged is more than what you reasonably expected, please contact the Issuer as soon as possible after the transaction date, by calling our contact centre, as we may be able to get a refund for you.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESERVED BALANCE BE AVAILABLE ON THE ACCOUNT?
- The reserved balance will be available for you to use up to the expiry date on the last card you are given or such other date as we may tell you.
- The Issuer may block, cancel or suspend the card at any time if it thinks it is appropriate to do so, for example, to ensure the security of the card or to protect against unauthorised or fraudulent use of the card or the account.
- Please note that the reserved balance belongs to us and in case of situations including, but not limited to, card expiry, program termination, termination of theagreement we have with the Issuer and end to an employment relationship, the Issuer reserves its right to retain the unspent reserved balance remaining on your card.
CHARGES AND FOREIGN CURRENCY
- The attached tariff guide sets out the fees that the Issuer will charge when you use the card. ATM operators and some retailers may also charge fees when you use the card. These charges and fees will be taken from your reserved balance.
- We will tell you the “reserved balance currency” that applies to your account. If you make payments in a different currency, the payment will be converted to the reserved balance currency. If you contact the Issuer’scontact center you will be able to find out the exchange rate used for the currency conversion. The exchange rates can change daily and may be applied immediately and without notice.
- You must protect your card and keep your PIN safe and confidential.
- If you allow anyone else to use the card, any payments or cash withdrawals they make will reduce your reserved balance.
- If your card is lost or stolen or you think that there has been an unauthorised transaction made using your card you must notify the Issuer immediately by calling the contact centre. Unless you are at fault, if your Card is used without your permission the maximum reduction that will be made to your reserved balance will be €50 and no reduction will be made after you have notified the Issuer.
By using the card you agree that we and the Issuer can use your personal data for the purposes set out below.
- We and the Issuer will use and process your personal data (i) to provide you with a Card and undertake ancillary activities; (ii) to fulfill our legal, regulatory and compliance requirements (including, without limitation, in connection with verifying your identity as required under anti-money laundering laws and regulations, for audit and reporting requirements and the maintenance of accounting and tax records); (iii) to monitor and analyze the use of your Card; (iv) to report, investigate and prevent incidences of fraud, misrepresentation or crime; (v)for statistical and trend analysis and to operate our management information systems; and (vi) to enforce our rights or perform our obligations in connection with your card, including dealing with complaints.
- We and the Issuer will confidentially and only to the extent permitted under applicable data protection and bank secrecy laws, give other service providers and agents, information about you and your Card. We and the Issuer may disclose your personal data to fraud prevention agencies if false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is suspected and to any court, legal, regulatory, tax or government authorities where we are required to do so by applicable law or court order. Your personal data may be transferred to the recipients identified above in countries outside the European Economic Area (even those which have only limited or no data protection laws provided that we remain responsible for making sure your personal data is held securely) including, without limitation, the United States of America.
- You may access and rectify, update or request deletion of your personal data. You may also object to the processing of your personal data for legitimate reasons but, should you exercise this right, you will not be able to use your Card. You may exercise these rights by writing to us or the Issuer. We may charge you a reasonable administration fee for providing such access not exceeding any maximum amount permitted under applicable law.
- We and the Issuer may record and/or monitor telephone calls to help maintain service quality, for training, investigation and fraud prevention purposes and as required by applicable law. All recordings belong to us or the Issuer.
- To the extent your consent is required, you consent to the processing and disclosure (including transfer) of your personal data by us, the Issuer and the other recipients identified above for the purposes set out above.